How do you create a hanging indent in PowerPoint?
Add a hanging indent
- Select the paragraph or paragraphs you want to indent.
- Click the Home tab, and then click the Paragraph dialog box launcher.
- Under Indentation, in the Before text box, click the arrow to approximately . 5″. …
- Click the arrow next to Special, and choose Hanging.
Can you hang quotes in PowerPoint?
To get hanging punctuation in PowerPoint 2010, do the following: Insert the quotation mark at the beginning of your quote. Stay in edit mode for editing the text in your text box. Turn ON Rulers: Check the “Ruler” box in “View” tab.
How do you do a hanging indent on Google Docs PowerPoint?
There’s a pretty quick way to add a hanging indent in Google Slides using only your keyboard. First, place your cursor at the beginning of the line you want to indent. Next, press Shift+Enter (Shift+Return on Mac). This will place the text on its own line, allowing you to indent that single line.
How do you insert a hanging indent?
Create a hanging indent
- Select the text where you want to add a hanging indent.
- Go to Home > Paragraph dialog launcher. > Indents and Spacing.
- Under Special, select Hanging. You can adjust the depth of the indent using the By field.
- Select OK.
How do you use tabs in PowerPoint?
Right-click the paragraph, and then select Paragraph. In the Paragraph dialog box, click Tabs. To change the alignment of a tab, click the tab stop position that you want to change, and then set the alignment to Center or Right. Note: You can add a new tab stop from inside this control.
Can you kern letters in PowerPoint?
We already explored the Font tab of this dialog in our Font Dialog Box in PowerPoint 2016 for Windows tutorial. Within this dialog box you can adjust character spacing and kerning using custom settings. … Kerning takes the shapes of the letters into account as it selectively tightens the spacing. Click OK when done.
What is hanging indent in APA format?
Order your reference list alphabetically by author. Apply a hanging indent to each reference list entry. This means that the first line of each entry is left aligned, while the second and subsequent lines are indented (the Publication Manual recommends 0.5″ or 1.27cm—the default in Microsoft Word).
How do you do a hanging indent in APA?
To create a hanging indent on the References page for APA:
- Highlight the References list.
- Under Home tab, click on the arrow by Paragraph.
- In the Indentation section, use the drop down under Special to choose Hanging.
- Click OK.
How do you do a hanging indent on a Mac?
Hanging indent in Word
- Right-click your mouse. Or if you’re using a Mac laptop, press ⌘+ctrl+mouse click. …
- Under ‘Indentation,’ in the ‘Special:’ field select ‘Hanging’ In the pop-up window that appears, look to the fields under ‘Indentation. …
- Enter . 5” in ‘By:’ field. …
- Hit ‘OK’
Does APA citation have hanging indent?
APA style requires you to use a hanging indent for your sources. These are instructions for creating a hanging indent in Word documents. Place your cursor at the beginning of your second line, before any text.